|Job Summary: We are seeking a motivated and energetic individual to serve as our Recruiting Manager to support our company growth. You will partner with the Vice President of Provider Services & Marketing (VPPSM) to drive operational excellence coast to coast in our multi-specialty group. The Recruiting Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing the full life cycle of recruitment activities and onboarding process for VEP Healthcare, Inc. (VEP). The candidate has leadership accountability for the recruitment department and oversees Recruiters and Recruiter Coordinators. The Recruiting Manager supports the strategic growth of VEP by developing and implementing plans to recruit and retain high quality physicians and advanced practice clinicians (APCs), in multiple specialties while promoting a culture of customer service, collaboration and efficiency. S/he must remain up to date on industry trends and maintain positive working relationships with VEP regional directors, site medical directors, associate medical directors and APC site directors, and other VEP departments.
About VEP: VEP Healthcare, Inc., operates multi-specialty programs in hospitals coast to coast. We specialize in in Emergency, Hospitalist, ICU, Pulmonary, Observation Unit Services and Telemedicine at hospital partners ranging from major urban trauma centers to rural community hospitals. Created in 1981, VEP is a democratic medical group owned solely by our practicing physicians, advanced practice clinicians, and office personnel.
- Provides leadership and oversight to the recruitment departments which provide full cycle recruitment, ensuring compliance with the onboarding process of physicians and APCs.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of job descriptions for physician, APC, and recruitment department positions.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing department to develop and execute the recruitment marketing strategy, ensure materials and content are up to date and provide recommendations to the VPPSM on ways to enhance the recruitment process.
- Communicates regularly with VEP physician and APC leadership to ensure that staffing needs are identified and targets are being met.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and tracking the productivity and performance metrics for recruitment department.
- Reviews department practices, processes, quality of work performed and recommends changes to remain in compliance and/or improve efficiency while ensuring compliance with VEP contracted hospitals’ requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of current VEP pay practices for physicians and APC’s and communicates this effectively to recruiting staff.
- Ensures the team maintains and updates recruitment databases and ensures timely reporting is disseminated to VPPSM.
- Ensures team is informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices and measures ROI. Oversees industry tradeshow presence and attends with staff as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental budget goals and approving invoices.
- Develops annual performance incentive goals for recruiting department.
- Carries out normal supervisory duties and responsibilities, such as interviewing and hiring staff, conducting performance appraisals and granting merit pay increases, adjudicating requests for time off, responding to staff questions and / or concerns in a timely manner, recognizing team accomplishments, etc.
- Ensures that performance management programs for staff are effectively administered and that all staff receive on-going feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, values-based behaviors and developmental needs.
- Ensures that the hiring process meets all legal and regulatory standards, as well as the needs of the organization.
- Supports locum tenens arrangements for effectiveness and streamlines utilization as needed, including invoice management.
- Carries out other duties and special assignments as delegated by the VPPSM
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead a team of professional staff members.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Exceptional relationship management ability
- Proven success in a high volume, fast paced or growth type environment
- Advanced skills maximizing Applicant and Database Tracking Systems, general reporting systems and high proficiency with MS Office
- Extremely high attention to detail. Excellent planning, organizing and follow through abilities
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain focused under pressure
- Outstanding analytical and assessment skills
- Must possess a high level of initiative, excellent organization and leadership skills in order to manage both department and staff responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of general and market-specific healthcare trends.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or Healthcare Administration required. Graduate Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a health care recruitment or related leadership role is required.